Greetings

Tammy Fox tfox at redhat.com
Thu Oct 2 16:20:48 UTC 2003

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 07:35:03AM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 00:09, Tammy Fox wrote:
> > > I've tried psgml before but never managed to force myself to get used to
> > > Emacs brain-deadness ;-). Instead, I use Vim for XML. There are some modes
> > > you can download for it which give you a lot of basic features (including
> > > all of the above), or it's fairly easy to add your own support for
> > > auto-closing tags and tag folding (which is about all I want in terms of
> > > XML-specific support). I've also seen a fair number of people doing XML in
> > > Kate, if you want something GUI and gvim's not your thing....
>
> > Thanks for the suggestions Chris. If you want to write something up
> > about using Vim for XML editing, we could add it to the Documentation
> > Guide. I'm sure there are other people out there who don't want to use
> > Emacs as well.
>
> I'm a big LyX fan, but I'd prefer to just go ahead and take the Emacs
> plunge rather than mucking around too much on the tool front. If I get
> time I will work on the LyX aspect, and send Tammy documentation on
> getting it working. I doubt it's as robust as Emacs/psgml though.

I haven't used LyX, but I can say that Emacs with psgml is pretty dang
robust. We use it extensively everyday and haven't seen any bugs.

> Tammy, is it planned for the excellent Red Hat Guides to be released via
> the FDL and incorporated into fedora-docs? Or are we starting from
> scratch entirely?

We are starting entirely from scratch since the focus audience of the
Fedora Project is different and in a different format -- tutorials
(with the exception of the participation guides and the Installation
Guide.

> --
> Paul W. Frields <paul at frields.com>

Tammy