Spanish Translation

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Oct 31 17:35:10 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 02:48, Carlos Hergueta wrote:
> Hi Andreu,
>
> I'm also from Spain, and I asked the same question some weeks ago. I
> have no answer, but maybe what we should do is to identify some
> interesting documents and see if they are translated to spanish, if they
> are not then tell the documentation lider that we are going to start the
> translation.
>
> It would be nice if one of those liders could tell us about the
> mechanisn.

This is where I think we are at, based on what has been said on this
list:

1) Yes, Fedora Project needs translators, and I would guess that more
than one from the same language is a good thing.

2) There is no procedure yet for doing translations, especially as
teams.  I would recommend working on separate pieces and swapping for
editing, but the Red Hat docs translation team may have some good
procedures we can borrow.

3) The RH docs translation team has been nose to the papyrus for weeks
getting the docs for RHEL 3 out the door, so they haven't had a chance
to respond to our questions.

That about sums it up.  Hopefully we can start getting more input from
the docs translation team soon.

- Karsten