docs translation

Luiz Rocha lsdr at lsdr.net
Tue Sep 30 04:55:42 UTC 2003

  This one came just after I sent my answer...

> For the RHEL docs, for each English module, there is a corresponding
> module for each language the English module is translated into. It
> works out well.

  Let's keep things this way then.

> Yes. We need a way for people to volunteer for translations and a way
> to clearly mark that doc as taken. Other projects do this with a
> website that shows the progress and the owner.

  This seems okay to me. I suggest that the person responsable for each
translation initiative should be also responsable for marking docs as taken
or not in the website.

  As for people volunteering for translations, the best way (I think) is to
direct them to this list. Here we can tell them how it is done and who they
may talk to before starting any translation.

--
Luiz Rocha <lsdr at lsdr.net>