New tracker

Dave Pawson davep at dpawson.co.uk
Thu Aug 12 15:20:04 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 14:56, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> These two tutorials still contain some atrocious style and syntax and
> desperately need some rewriting. Also, I am not familiar with all the
> subject matter, and would prefer that a more knowledgeable person test
> the content to make sure it's valid. In the absence of a Style Guide, I
> can't really demand that anyone take up the banner for these pieces
> (even the original submitters), but if anyone's willing to have a go at
> them, it would be appreciated.

I'll have a go at improving them Paul, if its style.

Karsten, did you have a 'techie' review in your process document?

<scenario>
  Somebody such as me has written a piece.
  I think its great.
  I don't realise that my xyz is way out different from the majority.
Needed.
  A geek to read a piece with a wider view, to pick up oddities.

E.g.
  This morning I realised that the author had 'assumed' that root
had a different prompt from 'userX'.
  This may|may not be typical.
I 'judged' it a weak assumption.

--