New tracker

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Aug 12 17:43:29 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 08:20, Dave Pawson wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 14:56, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>

> > These two tutorials still contain some atrocious style and syntax and
> > desperately need some rewriting. Also, I am not familiar with all the
> > subject matter, and would prefer that a more knowledgeable person test
> > the content to make sure it's valid. In the absence of a Style Guide, I
> > can't really demand that anyone take up the banner for these pieces
> > (even the original submitters), but if anyone's willing to have a go at
> > them, it would be appreciated.
>
> I'll have a go at improving them Paul, if its style.
>
> Karsten, did you have a 'techie' review in your process document?

In my mind, I thought of this as part of the editor role.  However, that
might be asking too many skills of an editor - grammar/writing and
technical review.  There is some value in having it be a separate role.

Since one person can fill many roles, we may find that our writing/style
editors at the start are also technical editors, and that new editors
choose to do one or the other role or both.

The key in that process which might not have been obvious is -- it's all
about writers and editors.  Everything from acceptance as in-progress
for Fedora docs to publication on fedora.redhat.com needs to be an
agreement between the author(s) and the editor(s).

Which reminds me, I need to find someone to edit the FC2 SELinux FAQ
before it can go live ...

Karsten Wade, RHCE, Tech Writer
a lemon is just a melon in disguise
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
gpg fingerprint: 2680 DBFD D968 3141 0115  5F1B D992 0E06 AD0E 0C41