Emacs error

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Sep 6 23:54:34 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 12:45, Dave Pawson wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 18:45, Karsten Wade wrote:

> > Then perhaps we should abandon the .ced files and use Local Variable
> > instead?  Wouldn't get any objections from me!
>
> Not my view. Use when appropriate?

We need to be consistent until we have proof that we can change our
practices.  Surely you can understand this?

> I don't tell people anything.
> Just saying what I use, and have done for 7 years.
> YMMV.

It's great that you bring your experience to bear in solving problems
here.  Your help is really important.  But if your suggestion is to try
something that is not inline with our practices, it's detrimental to the
goals of the project.  The Documentation Guide clearly says to follow
one practice, and you suggest a different one.  Because of the authority
your voice lends, you influence a new writer down a path that diverges
from the project.  The writer and the project suffer now, or down the
road.

Having and following good practices is what it takes to make Fedora docs
the best resource for Fedora users, as opposed to a collection of random
and semi-maintained documents.

Karsten Wade, RHCE, Tech Writer
a lemon is just a melon in disguise
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
gpg fingerprint: 2680 DBFD D968 3141 0115  5F1B D992 0E06 AD0E 0C41