installation guide

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Sep 9 04:19:33 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 13:28, Stuart Ellis wrote:
> Thanks to all for the tips.
>
> The wording of my original question was probably too vague.  I could
> either put in FIXMEs (this is what I actually meant by placeholders) for
> the designated screenshotter, or try to do the screenshots as I go.

Probably a good idea to assume that one person will do all the
screenshots in one pass.  These should be done with a later test version
of FC3 (test2 or test3).

To fill the space, perhaps a verbal description of the screen, noting
anything that is different from how it appears by default, i.e., what
you would want changed for a screenshot.

One nice idea about setting a standard is the person who does the
screenshots can grep all the XML for "FIXME" or "SCREENSHOT".

I'd suggest putting in blank <screenshot/> blocks along with a
<remark/>, but I'm not sure you can do that without breaking the build.

> It would definitely be best if one person does all of the screenshots,
> especially since what I know about the Gimp at the moment probably
> wouldn't fill the 500x375 rectangle, but I'm not sure if we have a
> screenshotter to do the work.

Not yet, but we will.  That job will need to be done either at the end
of Sep. or the first week of October.

- Karsten

--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, Tech Writer