Installation Guide

Stuart Ellis s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 12:48:35 UTC 2004

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 21:19:33 -0700, "Karsten Wade" <kwade at redhat.com>
said:
> Probably a good idea to assume that one person will do all the
> screenshots in one pass.  These should be done with a later test version
> of FC3 (test2 or test3).
>
> To fill the space, perhaps a verbal description of the screen, noting
> anything that is different from how it appears by default, i.e., what
> you would want changed for a screenshot.
>
> One nice idea about setting a standard is the person who does the
> screenshots can grep all the XML for "FIXME" or "SCREENSHOT".
>
> I'd suggest putting in blank <screenshot/> blocks along with a
> <remark/>, but I'm not sure you can do that without breaking the build.

I think that I'll probably use this format:

<para><remark role="FIXME">SCREENSHOT - (name of screen and window),
(description of requirement)</remark></para>

<para><remark role="FIXME">LINK - (name of unwritten
section)</remark></para>

<para><remark role="FIXME">TECHQUERY - (description of technical detail
that needs to checked) </remark></para>

> > It would definitely be best if one person does all of the screenshots,
> > especially since what I know about the Gimp at the moment probably
> > wouldn't fill the 500x375 rectangle, but I'm not sure if we have a
> > screenshotter to do the work.
>
> Not yet, but we will.  That job will need to be done either at the end
> of Sep. or the first week of October.

OK.  I'll press on with the text.
--
Stuart Ellis