Self-Introduction: Thomas R. Jones

Thomas Jones admin at buddhalinux.com
Wed Apr 27 01:07:30 UTC 2005

Full Legal Name::
Thomas Riley Jones Jr.

City, State::
Bowling Green, Kentucky

Profession::
Security Analyst

Company::
Weyerhaeuser

Goals::
What do I want to write about?:
Information security, kernel, and/or networking related topics.

What other documentation do I want to see published?:
I am not very particular as long as it is contains correct content and meets
the needs of end-users.

Do I want to edit for grammar/writing and/or technical accuracy?:
I have edited and reviewed various Linux documentation. Currently, I am a
technical reviewer for a new book  entitled "GnuPG for the desperate" due
from the No Starch Press publishing entity. I am open to editing and/or
technical editor of topics within my skillset.

Anything else special?:
Member of the IEEE Information Assurance Task Force
Member of the IEEE Security and Privacy Technical Committee
I formerly was the administrator of the Linux-Howtos.com domain.

Historical qualifications::
What other projects or writing have I worked on in the past?:
Security Document Initiative - (extracted from my website
http://www.buddhalinux.com)
"The Security Document Initiative is an implementation of the domain of
applied cryptography as it relates to an XML defined and regulated security
mechanism and the creation of a security infrastructure to protect
information systems and resources."
Osiris Host Integrity System.
SuSE FAQ.
Numerous Linux Howtos now maintained by the LDP.

What level and type of computer skills do I have?:
Experienced Administrator. Career direction into a variety of XML applications
and their use in a security application.

What other skills do I have that might be applicable?:
5 years experience in bash programming.
Developed numerous init scripts for the SuSE Linux distribution.
C++ development experience.

What makes me an excellent match for the project?:
I have almost 3 years XML/Docbook experience; and have a great desire to help
the Linux, Fedora, and Open Source community. I believe whole-heartedly in
the Open Source Initiative and advocate its utilization in all aspects of
computing.

GPG KEYID and fingerprint::
pub  1024D/57BF9042 2004-12-26 Thomas Jones (The Buddha Linux Group)
<adminATbuddhalinux.com>
     Key fingerprint = 5264 BCA1 6059 57A8 58E5  7F04 A11E 5C13 57BF 9042
uid                            Thomas R. Jones (IEEE Computer Society Account)
<thomasjonesATcomputer.org>
uid                            Thomas Jones (The Buddha Linux Group)
<adminATbuddhalinux.org>
sub  1024g/5EDEFE5D 2004-12-26

As you can see I am heavily oriented towards the security aspect of Fedora.
But, I would be more than happy to author and/or review any topic if
requested.

Thank for your time and look forward working with all of you.
Thomas Jones