proposal: Setting up a samba server on Fedora Core 4

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Mon Aug 22 00:27:35 UTC 2005

Am Sonntag, den 21.08.2005, 19:03 +0100 schrieb Stuart Ellis:
> I look forward to seeing this - it appears to address precisely the
> needs of many users.

Well, I will start to make a rough translation.

By the way, what is the intended methods to make the first drafts
available to the list? I write it with openoffice (I have to learn the
docbook stuff) and can easily export it into html (the OO html code is
astonishing clear). These formats should not be imported into CVS (what
is the suggested method on the .../NewWriters page) in order not to mess
it up, I suppose. I could easily post it as an attachement here or I can
post a link to one of my servers.

> Two things stand out:
>
> - I really like the fact that you appear to be concentrating on the
> supplied graphical tools.

Should be standard for a Fedora documentation. And, personally, I like
the concept of the Fedora admin tools, small and effective, not these
swiss-army-knife type of tools.

> - Section 3 could be done as a series of active tests, rather than more
> passive statements.

Good idea, I'll

Peter