proposal: Setting up a samba server on Fedora Core 4

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Mon Aug 22 00:39:35 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 02:27 +0200, Peter Boy wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 21.08.2005, 19:03 +0100 schrieb Stuart Ellis:
> > I look forward to seeing this - it appears to address precisely the
> > needs of many users.
>
> Well, I will start to make a rough translation.
>
> By the way, what is the intended methods to make the first drafts
> available to the list? I write it with openoffice (I have to learn the
> docbook stuff) and can easily export it into html (the OO html code is
> astonishing clear). These formats should not be imported into CVS (what
> is the suggested method on the .../NewWriters page) in order not to mess
> it up, I suppose. I could easily post it as an attachement here or I can
> post a link to one of my servers.

Posting a link to HTML is best, as it is the most convenient format for
people to access. The DocBook tools produce HTML, so once you switch
over it's easy to do the same.

I'm not actually sure whether you *can* post attachments to this list,
since it would be a bad thing to do (there are over 300 members).

> > Two things stand out:
> >
> > - I really like the fact that you appear to be concentrating on the
> > supplied graphical tools.
>
> Should be standard for a Fedora documentation. And, personally, I like
> the concept of the Fedora admin tools, small and effective, not these
> swiss-army-knife type of tools.

...YaST.

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA