proposal: Setting up a samba server on Fedora Core 4

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Mon Aug 22 12:52:46 UTC 2005

Am Montag, den 22.08.2005, 08:36 -0400 schrieb Paul W. Frields:
> If you're using Fedora Core 4, and you have the
> openoffice.org-javafilter package installed, you will find that you can
> write the body of your document with OpenOffice.org Writer, and do a
> conversion after you're finished.

Good news. I just upgraded one of my workstations to FC4. It will make
things much easier, at least for me (I must admit I never used emacs).

> BIG TIP:  Use the Stylist
> to select styles for your headings.  When you select Heading 1, you open
> a first-level section.  After you type the heading title, just hit
> Enter, and the style changes automatically to make the following
> paragraphs part of that DocBook section (<sect1>).  If you select
> Heading 2, and type a title, the following paragraphs are part of that
> DocBook second-level section (<sect2>).  Although FDP uses <section> and
> not <sectN>, that's very easy to fix later.

Even better. I use OO for all my scientific writing (and of course the
indirect formatting). May be we can develop a "post-conversion" tool to
automate the fixing and eventually an OO document template for the FDP.

Peter