organizing CVS for trans

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at redhat.com
Thu Aug 25 01:03:13 UTC 2005

Hi docs team

I am coming from fedora-trans-list, Japanese translator, Noriko
Mizumoto. I am so excited hearing the news that docs team is preparing
to host translation. I would like to say thank you, and am looking for
something that I can help. Please let me know if it is recommended to
make self introduction as translator, I am most happy to do so.

To me it would be nice if translators can work on po files similar to
fedora software modules we are currently working, since this must be one
of safe way to minimize translator from messing up tags. However this
might be required more time of your side, I guess.

When the format will go with inline, the file can only be translated by
one translator at the time and other translators have to wait for
her/his turn, if my understanding is correct.
Then it seems that this is not practical for release notes which has
strictly limited time-frame for both docs and trans.

Addition to this, CJK (aka chinese, japanese and korean) may have more
convertion problem sometime apart from their translation. If we can have
separate files for each lang, it will be easier to fix this kind of problem.

<para lang="en">
I am an idiot.
</para>
<para lang="de">