Proposal: Makefile improvement for the release notes

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Tue Nov 1 16:47:16 UTC 2005

Uttered SEKINE "tatz" Tatsuo <tsekine at sdri.co.jp>, spake thus:

> Now the Makefile has the following entry for the list of XML files:
>
> XMLEXTRAFILES-en=daemons-en.xml database-servers-en.xml ...
>
> IMHO, it could be generalized for the languages like below:
>
> ---- 8X ---- 8X ---- 8X ---- 8X ---- 8X ---- 8X ---- 8X ----
> define XMLEXTRAFILES_template
> XMLEXTRAFILES-$(1)=daemons-$(1).xml desktop-$(1).xml ...
>
> $(foreach LANG,${LANGUAGES},$(eval $(call XMLEXTRAFILES_template,${LANG})))
> # I removed unused files(i.e. database-servers-*.xml,
> # file-systems-*.xml) from it.

Yes, this technique will work.  Since it is specific to this
document, the change should be made in the local "Makefile", as you
correctly show.

This is a clever solution.

Cheers