rpm-info and translations

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Mon Jul 24 02:24:01 UTC 2006

Uttered Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com>, spake thus:

> A quick Q:  Is there a reason for rpm-info.xml not following the normal
> translation procedure with po-files?

Yes.  We didn't think of it ;-)

Well, I didn't think of it.  My idea was to have *all* the
RPM-related information in "rpm-info.xml" and then selectively
extract whatever we needed from it.  I was unfamiliar with the
translator's PO-centric approach.

Changing "rpm-info.xml" to become part of the PO process is on our
list, but so far neither Paul nor I have had time to work on it.

Anybody want to step up?

--
I'm already an anomaly, I shall soon be an anachronism, and I have
every intention of dying an abuse!