cvs - success!! / help + more

Adam Moreland journo_bouy at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Jun 1 08:40:42 UTC 2006

Hey Tommy and Patrick,

I followed what you said and success!! I have access to the cvs tree and can
see all. I am able to see the files such as ones in docs-common, but what
commands can i issue to be able to open them, to read through and cehck for
errors and edit (i did see you have to set a file as watched before
editing??) i can see the tree when i issue the command cvs -t co -c, but
what are the basic commands to open folders and open files to view and
edit??

Obviously at this point it would be good to know just what rules there are.
i have read the rules on the wiki, but id like to know what "In-house"
etiqute is performed. For example to start with if i am reading through and
notice a spelling / grammar error, a) how do i edit said file and b) whats
is the procedure, as in do i contact the owner directly or through mailing
list??

And again thank you for help. The solution was as said. I needed to get
another ssh key and upload that, since i was still using a root one. this
has been corrected and i am now a non-super user account. it was habit to
log in to terminal and su, but i have stopped doing so.

Mr Adam L Moreland (MAniX) | Registered Linux User: #417406
BA (Hons) Media Studies, 2nd Year, UoN
****
System: Pentium 4 SKT478 2.8GHz Precott, AMD Athlon XP-M 2800+ | GPG Key:
AC230C32
****
pub 1024D/AC230C32 2006-05-21
Key fingerprint = 14F4 50F5 806C 25A5 B33C C2BF 982C 87B7 AC23 0C32
uid Adam Moreland (MAniX)
sub 2048g/A471FCE7 2006-05-21
****