FedoraXenQuickstartFC5

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at redhat.com
Thu Jun 1 23:31:14 UTC 2006

Good morning, good afternoon and good evening for you

Tommy Reynolds wrote:
>> I did try cvs co owners, and permission denied.
>

> You should be able to access this in read-only mode by using the
> anonymous path::pserver:anonymous at cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/dist
>
> $ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/dist login
I've been asked CVS password... what is the password?

> $ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/dist co owners
>
> (If you get an error on the "login" command, ignore it and go to the
> next step.
> It is almost 2:00AM here and I am a bit too tired to remember.)
>
>> For a suggestion, if I contact the owner directly and he/she make a
>> change, how can other translators know the change applied?
>

> Check the Fedora mailing lists; there is a "CVS commits" list (that is not
> the correct name, check the Fedora web site about mailing lists) where
> folk can sign up to receive an email notice of every CVS commit made
> by anyone to any document.
ok I I will try to find it out.

>> Not good at techy side as typical woman ;P
>

> Noriko-san, this expression may not have translated with the meaning
> which you originally intended.  We have some very competent women
> working on this project.  Inter-language and inter-cultural humor is risky
> at best.  Still, I am sure you meant well.  Please consider this to be
> friendly advise.

Tommy-san, thank you for your friendly advise.
The reason why I used this expression was simple. I just wanted to be
called as "she" rather than "he", and was meant to tell in a roundabout
way. Sometime direct-language may hurt people unnecessary. I was afraid
of this happened.
I will be carefull next time.

noriko