FC5 release notes errata and looking forward to FC6

Robert 'Bob' Jensen docs-list at fedoralinks.org
Fri May 5 07:46:30 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 13:12 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 17:16 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
> > There isnt any content relevant enough to do a errata. Let's move on and
> > work on the FC6 test1 and above release notes.
>
> I also don't think there is a need to completely stop updating the Wiki
> for FC5, just make that the only place that is updated.
>
> How about this:
>
> 1. Move content from Docs/Beats/.* to Docs/Beats/FC5/.* (or similar
> namespace)
>
> 2. Continue work on D/B/FC5, as needed.
>
> 3. Link to D/B/FC5 from Web-only release notes as an absolute latest
> place you can still get new content from.
>
> 4. Begin work on FC6t1 notes in D/B.
>
> For example, Rahul posted a quick update about something today.  I think
> beat writers _should_ continue to do that.  Eventually, this gives
> Legacy a more living document to inherit.
>
> - Karsten
> --

Well for this to happen and not be an overwhelming pain in the rear
there needs to be a few things.

 1. Updates and at this point there have not been any so why keep the
FC5 stuff around?
 2. Automation of most of the processes.

<Warning Opinion Follows>

The release has now come and gone. We are holding on to the past. We can
and should move on, the added work for the minimal benefit to the
end-users in this case does not balance in my book.

--
Robert 'Bob' Jensen
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BobJensen