FC5 release notes errata and looking forward to FC6

Robert 'Bob' Jensen docs-list at fedoralinks.org
Sat May 6 17:34:00 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 02:46 -0500, Robert 'Bob' Jensen wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 13:12 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> > I also don't think there is a need to completely stop updating the Wiki
> > for FC5, just make that the only place that is updated.
> >
> > How about this:
> >
> > 1. Move content from Docs/Beats/.* to Docs/Beats/FC5/.* (or similar
> > namespace)
> >
> > 2. Continue work on D/B/FC5, as needed.
> >
> > 3. Link to D/B/FC5 from Web-only release notes as an absolute latest
> > place you can still get new content from.
> >
> > 4. Begin work on FC6t1 notes in D/B.
> >
> > For example, Rahul posted a quick update about something today.  I think
> > beat writers _should_ continue to do that.  Eventually, this gives
> > Legacy a more living document to inherit.
> >
> > - Karsten
>
> Well for this to happen and not be an overwhelming pain in the rear
> there needs to be a few things.
>
>  1. Updates and at this point there have not been any so why keep the
> FC5 stuff around?
>  2. Automation of most of the processes.
>
> <Warning Opinion Follows>
>
> The release has now come and gone. We are holding on to the past. We can
> and should move on, the added work for the minimal benefit to the
> end-users in this case does not balance in my book.
>
> --
> Robert 'Bob' Jensen
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BobJensen
> Fedora Documentation Projects
> Release Notes Editor-in-Chief

I have made up my mind, we are closing the release notes for FC5 and
moving forward with FC6, the one exception is translations like the
Polish translation that is now ready, we will get that published.

Any questions on how we will move forward please post to the list. We
will be posting to the list and wiki as dates and plans solidify.