Self-Introduction: Adam Moreland

Hugo Cisneiros hugo at devin.com.br
Tue May 23 16:05:01 UTC 2006

On Sunday 21 May 2006 14:46, Adam Moreland wrote:
> Adam Moreland
> City: Northampton, UNITED KINGDOM, GMT
> Profession: BA Media Studies (Hons) Student, University of Northampton |
> Freelance Journalist and Sub-Editor
> Affiliations: The University of Northampton, UK | Registered Linux User
> #417406

Hi Adam, welcome aboard!

> Goals:
> I have done much writing and editing and have had over 50 articles
> published in mostly hard copy magazines. I am highly interested in writing
> about Fedora and also programming, and games, and Wireless Internet. I have
> specific knowledge on the installs on stand alone machines. I am willing to
> write whatever is needed to help out.
>
> Id like to see more documentation on installs, setting up wireless, and
> other subjects, and id also like to see the accuracy of these documents
> remain very, very high, both in spelling and in grammar.

That's good. People commonly likes to write but not pay attention to spelling
and grammar :-) And we'll need a good co-editor for sure! I'm currently
interested in writing about Games in Fedora, and a work is currently being
done in the Wiki:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Games

That's a good start to create a reference for a good Game experience in
Fedora, all open-sourced. I was thinking on creating a guide, maybe named FGG
(Fedora Gaming Guide), telling about all the games available, what are they
about, how to play, etc. I'll present this idea today in the FDSCo meeting at
#fedora-docs. Maybe you are interested in helping it too :-)

> Due to my long experience as a freelance journalist and sub-editor i feel
> like i can bring much to the project. I have a love for Fedora, Linux and
> for the writing process. I enjoy all the aspects of working with Linux. I
> have lots of qualification and experience with Media, and Journalism (Did
> my first year on Journalism). My long experience with Operating Systems and
> Hardware, i have a technical knowledge that will enhance the documentation
> further.

That's great!

I'm currently working in FDP mainly with translations. I'm from Brazil and
here we have many people that likes to write about Fedora and Linux, but they
don't write in English well (like me, my grammar isn't so good as you have
noticed :).

One of my ideas is to integrate these foreign people into the upstream FDP,
and as we get more documents translated to English, we'll have a need for
good revisions. This project is still in early stages, so we'll stay in
touch :-)

--
[]'s
Eitch

http://www.devin.com.br/eitch/
"Talk is cheap. Show me the code." - Linus Torvalds