what next?

Sam Folk-Williams samfw at redhat.com
Thu Nov 9 16:21:29 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 08:01 -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 09:09 -0500, Sam Folk-Williams wrote:
>
> > +1 on this. I would really like to see a kbase for Fedora. I think it's
> > an excellent way to organize a large number of targeted how-to articles.
> > It can also be a lot easier for a contributor to write a brief kbase
> > than to get involved with a larger "guide" type of document. Then, guide
> > writers can pull from the kbase for ideas as well.
>
> Do you want this enough to help with the research and implementation? :D
> I added you to the task on the task schedule, let me know if you cannot
> work on this over the next few months, and we'll figure something else
> out.

Sure thing. Sounds good.

> Tasks include figuring out what tool is best (work with FI directly or
> through mmcgrath) and what processes to use.  We might be able to make
> this part of Plone.  We certainly want to consider all the various
> problems of a kbase and how to mitigate them.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/SteeringCommittee/TaskSchedule
>
> We definitely want kbase to reference larger content, and a
> process/workflow that allows us to easily edit kbase entries.

I've done a lot of research and work into kbase solutions for my current
job. And i definitely have a favorite. Adding yet another tool is always
a pain, but I am convinced this is *the* kbase tool:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/klear

i believe this was discussed in the past:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-dsco-list/2005-June/msg00011.html