In regards to "Introducing Fedora" as suggested....

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 21:39:01 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-08 at 16:39 -0400, Markus McLaughlin wrote:
> There are many ways to introduce Fedora Core so I am asking for
> suggestions on how best to do so, I want to do it so it's not too dry
> or too "Microsoft"-like, somewhere in-between is what I had in mind
> with a funny Dilbert-style image on the front.   What is the best FC-
> supported Screen Capture Tool so I can provide the Opening Desktop
> Screen of FC6?  Based upon what I write
> for the Introduction, what would be an appropriate Conclusion?

You can get screencaps by using PrtSc on your keyboard, or Alt+PrtSc to
get just a single (current) running application window.  The GConf
key /apps/gnome-screenshot/include_border (a boolean) will allow you to
choose whether you want window decoration in the latter case.

> I would like to strongly suggest that fedoraforum.org be the
> unofficial Fedora Handbook site where all the Fedora web sites submit
> "How-tos" and Solutions into one single forum known as "The Fedora
> Handbook."  The purpose of this is for those who aren't busy on the
> Documentation Project gather what has already been written and have
> it combined on the fedoraforum "Handbook" Site and once that is
> successful, someone or some team will have a completed PDF ready 3
> months before the next FC release.  It is just a suggestion, nothing
> more....

I vehemently disagree.  The whole point of the existing Docs space on
the wiki, and the CVS repository for the FDP, is to gather these
materials.  Putting them elsewhere causes unnecessary process
fragmentation and a drain on already scarce resources.  We are trying to
bring more people *into* the FDP, so the best way to do that is to
encourage them to use our existing resources here.  Licensing and
maintaining overall project standards is also a concern.

We have a really big tent here, with plenty of ice-cold lemonade, water,
cookies, and BBQ for all.  Let's try to make use of what we have first!