In regards to "Introducing Fedora" as suggested....

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Oct 8 22:03:30 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-08 at 17:39 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-10-08 at 16:39 -0400, Markus McLaughlin wrote:

> > I would like to strongly suggest that fedoraforum.org be the
> > unofficial Fedora Handbook site where all the Fedora web sites submit
> > "How-tos" and Solutions into one single forum known as "The Fedora
> > Handbook."  The purpose of this is for those who aren't busy on the
> > Documentation Project gather what has already been written and have
> > it combined on the fedoraforum "Handbook" Site and once that is
> > successful, someone or some team will have a completed PDF ready 3
> > months before the next FC release.  It is just a suggestion, nothing
> > more....
>
> I vehemently disagree. ...

I agree with your disagreement, but I will add some additional notes
that address the future of possibilities.

* Some people are not going to work on the formal Fedora Project, for
any number of reasons

* Our processes and tools should be exportable and usable outside of the
Fedora Project

The Fedora Unity project exemplifies this.  They have licensing and
tools that are the same as Fedora Project, so any content they produce
can be easily shifted into formal Fedora space.  *And* vice-versa, they
can receive anything from formal Fedora space.

Fedora Extras has this potential for outside groups to maintain their
own build systems that mirror the FE systems, making it easier to
migrate packages and patches and such between systems.

I would like to see us move toward being able to share content across
the formal and informal Fedora spaces.  That is something we can work
toward.  In the meantime, as Paul says, if we want to get something done
currently, it is probably best to have all the work happen under one
umbrella.  Please. :)

Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project