Problem with a localized html version of FC6 release notes

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Oct 10 00:12:56 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 00:43 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:

> BTW. If we have the string "This page is available in Lang1, Lang2, ..."
> localized and someone follows a link to a language he can't understand, he won't
> be able to understand the sentence to click his own language link and return
> back. :)
>
> Thankfully, our current context makes this not a problem. Since it is a browser
> page, he could easily press the browser's Back button, the Home button or even
> restart the browser.

Yeah, we definitely have some usability to polish here. :)

Once FC6 is out, we can set a date to do an update for
fedora-release-notes and get a whole bag full of stuff fixed or updated:

* Add small fixes to RELEASE-NOTES.pot
  - Colophon
  - homepage links to lang-specific notes in that language
  - links back

Let's talk about sync'ing the Web-only update and this package update.

With all the work we've been doing and the very small number of changes
in the Wiki, I'm thinking we might want to post on the Web the same
notes as in the ISO, and put all of our energies on producing a single
update (package + Web) a few weeks following.

Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project