Problem with a localized html version of FC6 release notes

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Tue Oct 10 01:03:22 UTC 2006

O/H Karsten Wade έγραψε:
> On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 00:43 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
>
>> BTW. If we have the string "This page is available in Lang1, Lang2, ..."
>> localized and someone follows a link to a language he can't understand, he won't
>> be able to understand the sentence to click his own language link and return
>> back. :)
>>
>> Thankfully, our current context makes this not a problem. Since it is a browser
>> page, he could easily press the browser's Back button, the Home button or even
>> restart the browser.
>
> Yeah, we definitely have some usability to polish here. :)

OK, I *might* have some good news on this, I need to investigate it a bit more:
It is proabable that the Firefox2 RPMs will return the correct locale and the
adaptive index will work. Yay!

> Once FC6 is out, we can set a date to do an update for
> fedora-release-notes and get a whole bag full of stuff fixed or updated:
>
> * Add small fixes to RELEASE-NOTES.pot
>   - Colophon
>   - homepage links to lang-specific notes in that language
>   - links back
>
> Let's talk about sync'ing the Web-only update and this package update.

+1. Since we can update the relnotes package there is no reason to have
different versions on the disk and the web.

I would even suggest to remove the ISO HTML from the net because couting that we
could have 3 (!) versions of the same document hanging around (iso, user, web).
Since it is just for reference purposes, we could have it as a downloadable gz
file for those who need *that* instead of the updated version. This way we will
have only one HTML hanging around: the web/local synced one.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/