want to mentor a GSoC project?

Dan Smith draciron at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 04:13:17 UTC 2007

What are the requirements? My days in the code mines were long enough ago
that most of those languages no longer exist. In other words do you have to
be a coder to be a mentor? What are your responsibilities as a mentor? What
kind of time demands can a mentor expect?  Sounds like a cool project to get
into. I did a mentor thing for the mission to mars group one year. Was
pretty cool.

Also working up an NFS through IPTables howto/doc updated for current
Fedora. Anybody else working that right now? I'll pass off what I've built
if there is or be happy to collaborate.  Need an assist with a few parts of
it actually. Working with docs from ancient RH distros got the critter
working but getting the lock manager to use a specified port is proving a
bit problematic.   Also anybody know any of the developers on the NFS
projects. The random port default is rather obsolete given the fire walled
world we live in. This doc would be unnecessary if #$@!$@$ NFS would quit
doing that.

Thanks