Possible Solution to DUG Update Dilemma

John Babich jmbabich at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 17:45:03 UTC 2007

On 2/19/07, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:

> > Does this solve the dilemma?
>
> +1

I'll take that as a "yes" to the previous email proposal.

> We can actually update the link in the homepage, and push out a new
> package.  But that doesn't get all the people who install from the
> original spin ISO.

So we do the following:

1. We post the big message on the OLD page linking to the NEW page.
2. We edit the draft and clearly label it the FL7 draft "work-in-progress".
3. We publish a new homepage with the link to the NEW page.

I can do 1 & 2, but someone else will need to do the default homepage
update.

John Babich
Volunteer, Fedora Docs Project