kbase fedora project

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 15:16:09 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 09:54 -0500, Sam Folk-Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 20:14 +0100, Marek Mahut wrote:
> > >
> > > I was interested in this long back. However I couldnt find a
> > > easy to use Kbase system written in Python which is the prefered
> > > language for the infrastructure team. PHP which is popular
> > > language for these are not a option for us.
> > >

> > Hello,
> >
> > And why we can't use the same wiki as on fedoraproject.org ? Something like gentoo-wiki.org ?
> >
> > Maybe Sam or Mike can told us more about the progress on this project.
> >

> I don't have any updates on the progress here. I am interested in
> helping but the lack of PHP as an option is tough... Plone has been
> stalled for a while due to version issues. Mike - any update on that?

We have a working, up-to-date Plone instance available for people to use
and test at publictest5.fedora.redhat.com/ploneTest .  If you need
administrator rights to do something, please let me or Karsten know.  If
you simply want to piddle around, it's very easy to install Zope+Plone
on any FC6 box and sandbox there.  From what I gather, anything you
create can be exported, and then imported onto some other instance for
use there.