Self-Introduction: Jonathan Roberts

Jonathan Roberts jonathan.roberts.uk at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 28 13:46:38 UTC 2007

Hi!

My name is Jonathan Roberts and I've been following the list for a
while and thinking about contributing but not really sure about the
best place to start - I figured I can't go wrong with a
self-introduction :D

Things you may want to know about me:

I live in the UK and I'm currently taking a gap year before heading
off to university to study Theology, rather bizarely after changing my
mind about studying Physics and Philosophy last year! To help me pass
the time I've worked on a few projects: the Questions Please...
podcast (http://questionsplease.org) where I've interviewed a range of
very exciting people including Richard Stallman, Jeremy Allison, Jeff
Waugh and Mark Shuttleworth - though struggling to get a hold of
someone from the Fedora Project; I've also almost finished producing
the "Free Me" DVD - an attempt to promote free culture in general
(http://questionsplease.org/freeme/) which I'm quite excited about.

As for my qualifications as a writer/editor: I studied English at
higher level on the International Bacallaureate and scored a 5 (hugely
disappointed not to have got a 6); I've been doing a bit of writing
for Free Software Magazine
(http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/blog/31677) and also a bit of
editing when they've been short on time.

I don't really have an idea of specific documents I would like to
(help) write at the minute, I'll be sure to give this some thought
over the next few days, but I do know that I would like to contribute
back something to Fedora and I have the time and the inclination to,
hopefully, make a reasonable contribution to the documentation
project; if there's ever any editing that needs doing I'm happy to
look over things like that as well.

Well, that is possibly the longest self introduction you're ever
likely to see?! Oh, and my GPG Key ID etc:

B923BC72

1735 EF16 3EF2 EF9D A2DD  02B0 A791 8B23 B923 BC72

I prefer, however, to use webmail because I often access my e-mail
from a number of different systems and it's easier for me to stay
organised this way. I hope this is OK.

Yours kindly,

Jonathan Roberts