hardware solutions and other one-off

Robert M. Albrecht romal at gmx.de
Thu May 17 07:51:07 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am interessted.

It should be both:

- manual
- automatic

I don`t think smolt is enough. There are several other places:
gutenprints test page, sound-card-detection,  xsane, ...

Has smolt an API, so other apps like digikam, sane, ... could send
information about non-working scanner, digital-cameras, 1394 camcorders ?

I have a tft-display that does screw up x.orgs autodetection because of
faulty ddc-readouts. Such devices should be possible to add manually.

And we could add the inform-vendor-button for non-supported devices we
talked about:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2007-April/msg00087.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2007-March/msg00139.html

cu romal