release notes

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 12:44:55 UTC 2007

> Karsten Wade wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 10:28 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/test/7.91/Fedora/i386/os/RELEASE-NOTES-en_US.html
> >>
> >> We should stop distributing the older release notes with test releases.
> >> It's very confusing.
> >
> > I'm confused.  I thought we replaced that with a link to or copy of the
> > one-sheet, for tests 1 and 2?
>
> We did but we are also continuing to ship the in-distribution version of
> the older release notes for the test releases.

I agree.  However, this requires figuring out how to do this without
turning over a huge amount of strings for translators.  It should be
possible to have a customized make target for test releases that uses an
alternate XML source, with some filler content such as a link to the
test release notes on the wiki.

Since the next release will be "real" release notes, we should try to
hit this post-F8 GA.  It would be nice if "we" had some help doing
this. ;-)