Make+ing a HTML document out of translation

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 15:42:21 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-29 at 10:51 +0200, Bart Couvreur wrote:
> Op zaterdag 29-09-2007 om 13:12 uur [tijdzone +0530], schreef Ruturaj:
> > Hi,
> > I've created a hi_IN.po (for Hindi translation, I hope the file name
> > is correct) under
> > release-notes-F-7/release-notes/po
> > and I've kindof completed more than 30% of translation for it, and I
> > now want to check how it fits into the HTML documentaton, cause while
> > translating the po files really doesn't give u the feel of the whole
> > document.
> > Any pointers, links would do.
> > I tried searching the wiki, Readmes, etc but failed.
>
> Before creating the HTML document be sure to validate your translation.
> Therefor go into the release-notes directory and enter the command
> make validate-xml-hi_IN
> If it gives errors, please check them, especially closing tags in
> translated strings.
>
> If you don't have any errors you can use
> -> make html-hi_IN		(every section on a new pages)
> -> make html-nochunks-hi_IN     (everything on 1 page)
>
> This will create a directory RELEASE-NOTES-hi_IN (make html-hi_IN) or
> the file RELEASE-NOTES-hi_IN.html (nochunks) in which you will find the
> generated HTML.
>
> Feel free to ask if this isn't clear or drop by  #fedora-docs on irc

Good advice Bart!

Also Ruturaj, make sure you add your locale (hi_IN) to the list in
po/LINGUAS so these commands work correctly for you.  You will want to
commit that change as well as your translation once you have things
working and your translation validates OK.  If you have validation
problems, please feel free to bring those to the IRC channel as well,
we're here to help.