Week 35 - Linux Security Guide and Linux Deployment Guide

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Aug 27 21:44:48 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 17:30 -0400, Michael Hideo-Smith wrote:

> This documentation effort is about Linux, not just Fedora/Red Hat. I'm
> pulling in some writers from Novell-Suse and Ubuntu to contribute to
> these fedora hosted projects. We all agree that the way to make Linux
> survive is to join our lamps together for greater illumination through
> procedural instruction.

Fair enough, thanks; it just wasn't otherwise clear.

As we continue, I suppose we'll find a way to sort out the distro
specific pieces to inherit.

As it stands, considering the difference between OpenSUSE, Debian, and
Fedora, I don't immediately see what the commonality of content will be.
While the general approach to and architecture for deployment and
security might be similar across those three bases (as examples), the
specifics of implementation are highly distro specific.

Do we need a separate project with the Fedora-specific content?  Are you
thinking of combining it in one document base with conditionals?

Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41