DUG + AdminGuide release, update

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 19:38:07 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 11:03 +1300, Vladimir Kosovac wrote:

> 1] DUG looks good[1] (GNOME)

> [1] - ready for wordsmithing / format fixing

Do you have a target for receiving these edits?

Let's put together a draft (strawman) schedule for these guides; John
will put it up against the rest of our schedule[1].

I can start on both of those this weekend; having a target schedule
helps me prioritize and split the work with other editors.

Anyone who wants to learn more about how we like to edit should watch
those pages.  In the wiki, go to Preferences, at the bottom in the
Watched pages use a regular expression to cover the whole namespace:

Docs/Drafts/AGBeta.*

For formatting fixes, we'll look for ways to slam across them with the
powers of Emacs/Vi and the wonders of regexp search and replace. :)
I've seen a few that I've let go in the interest of not breaking the
awesome flow that has been happening.  Easy enough to re-habit for the
next round. :)

Once that is done, the conversion to XML will also have a bunch of edits
to the wiki-produced XML.  Watching those commits (on
fedora-docs-commits) is another good learning experience.  Committing
editors are encouraged to be verbose in the comments since we have so
many new and interested eyes around us.

Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41