Release note beats for F9?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 01:06:33 UTC 2008

> When will http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats start targeting F9?
> According to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Schedule the beats for
> the preview/RC release are supposed to be complete March 16, but currently
> they're still targeting F8. I also don't see any schedule entry at the
> aforementioned URL about when the beats will start targeting F9.

Probably correct.  In the past Karsten and I -- for the most part --
took care of organizing the Release Notes and the Installation Guide.
Speaking in shame only for myself, I haven't spent much time on looking
at Docs Project schedule adherence over the past month or so.

The things that need to happen:

* Check schedule to make sure it agrees with reality, since it was
drafted some time ago.

* Send additional messages to f-devel-l to get community members to
write information on the wiki under Docs/Beats/* for their desired
areas.

* Update the DocsDict page as needed, and clear out old content in each
Beat, while retaining the new, using the page's "Get Info" history as a
clue on how to preserve data.

* Find a responsible maintainer in the Docs community who will be
accountable for Release Notes content conversion, tracking, and
packaging.  That person will need to make noise and get Docs
contributors to assist as needed.  I'll make myself available to help.

Let's make sure that the Release Notes for F9 are another steady
improvement just as in our previous releases!