Release note beats for F9?

Murray McAllister murray.mcallister at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 23:29:31 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 06:42 +0000, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>  > When will http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats start targeting F9?
>  > According to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Schedule the beats for
>  > the preview/RC release are supposed to be complete March 16, but currently
>  > they're still targeting F8. I also don't see any schedule entry at the
>  > aforementioned URL about when the beats will start targeting F9.
>
>  Probably correct.  In the past Karsten and I -- for the most part --
>  took care of organizing the Release Notes and the Installation Guide.
>  Speaking in shame only for myself, I haven't spent much time on looking
>  at Docs Project schedule adherence over the past month or so.
>
>  The things that need to happen:
>
>  * Check schedule to make sure it agrees with reality, since it was
>  drafted some time ago.
>
>  * Send additional messages to f-devel-l to get community members to
>  write information on the wiki under Docs/Beats/* for their desired
>  areas.
>
>  * Update the DocsDict page as needed, and clear out old content in each
>  Beat, while retaining the new, using the page's "Get Info" history as a
>  clue on how to preserve data.
>
>  * Find a responsible maintainer in the Docs community who will be
>  accountable for Release Notes content conversion, tracking, and
>  packaging.  That person will need to make noise and get Docs
>  contributors to assist as needed.  I'll make myself available to help.
>
>  Let's make sure that the Release Notes for F9 are another steady
>  improvement just as in our previous releases!

Hi,

If it is okay with everyone else, I would be happy to put my hand up for this.

Regards,

Murray.

pub   1024D/81B3FDEB 2007-09-19 [expires: 2008-09-18]
Key fingerprint = 4ED9 9907 5BF0 4132 2B46  20D1 C0C6 362D 81B3 FDEB
Murray McAllister (Fedora Docs Project / mdious) <murray.mcallister at gmail.com>
sub   2048g/B04CFA0C 2007-09-19 [expires: 2008-09-18]