Release note beats for F9?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 01:15:23 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 09:29 +1000, Murray McAllister wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  Probably correct.  In the past Karsten and I -- for the most part --
> >  took care of organizing the Release Notes and the Installation Guide.
> >  Speaking in shame only for myself, I haven't spent much time on looking
> >  at Docs Project schedule adherence over the past month or so.
> >
> >  The things that need to happen:
> >
> >  * Check schedule to make sure it agrees with reality, since it was
> >  drafted some time ago.
> >
> >  * Send additional messages to f-devel-l to get community members to
> >  write information on the wiki under Docs/Beats/* for their desired
> >  areas.
> >
> >  * Update the DocsDict page as needed, and clear out old content in each
> >  Beat, while retaining the new, using the page's "Get Info" history as a
> >  clue on how to preserve data.
> >
> >  * Find a responsible maintainer in the Docs community who will be
> >  accountable for Release Notes content conversion, tracking, and
> >  packaging.  That person will need to make noise and get Docs
> >  contributors to assist as needed.  I'll make myself available to help.
> >
> >  Let's make sure that the Release Notes for F9 are another steady
> >  improvement just as in our previous releases!
>
> Hi,
>
> If it is okay with everyone else, I would be happy to put my hand up for this.

Are you kidding?  We're thrilled!  Please look at the list above, and if
you see anything in that list you don't know how to do -- it may be just
one or two things, it may be many -- ask here and I and others will do
our best to get you all the answers you need.  That way Google will
capture the answers and the rest of the list can learn (and, hopefully,
help in the future).  You'll find it's not as hard as you think, just
takes some time to learn the process.

Thanks for rolling up your sleeves Murray!