docs questions

Murray McAllister murray.mcallister at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 04:21:09 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:

>  On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 12:27 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>  > On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 18:58 +0900, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
>  > > > >
>  > >

> > > This brings up my next question. Is there a standard that we use like
>  > > when we work on the wiki? Like all info's will be 'x' and all warnings
>  > > 'y'?
>  >
>  > There are essentially two standards now, because of the way the wiki's
>  > DocBook conversion works as opposed to human readability.  If you are
>  > writing a page that is drafted on the wiki but intended to go to CVS,
>  > the way to do an admonition is:
>  >
>  > [[Admonition("<type>", "<title>", "<brief_content>")]]
>  >
>  > For <type> you would subsitute the admonition type, such as "info,"
>  > "warning," etc.  This type of admonition looks terrible (basically it
>  > will look just like the text above in the viewed wiki page), but can be
>  > programmatically converted to DocBook when you choose that function on
>  > the wiki sidebar.
>
>  Does that actually work in the 1.6 code?  Nope, don't think it does:
>
>  <para>
>  [[Admonition("note","x86 Kernel Includes Kdump","Both the x86_64 and the
>  i686 kernels are relocatable, so they no longer require a separate
>  kernel for kdump capability. PPC64 still requires a separate kdump
>  kernel.")]]
>  </para>
>
>  The other day I told Murray to go ahead and make the pretty ones that
>  follow the actual wiki convention (more on this below).  This is because
>  they look fine on the screen *and* they make a consistent output in the
>  XML that we can search for.
>

>  > The second way of doing it, which *cannot* be reliably converted but
>  > which looks good to wiki users:
>  >
>  > ||<tableclass="message <type>"> Put your content here. ||
>  >
>  > The <type> here might be a little different -- I ran out of time to find
>  > the CSS style sheet that would probably give hints.
>
>  That is a limited set created by Dimitris and does *not* have coverage
>  for all five of the DocBook admonition types.
>
>  The actual proper method to follow right now, since it seems clear we
>  are converting to MediaWiki, is this method:
>

>  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/WikiEditing#Admonitions
>
>  You know, unless I'm missing something ... :)

I think Paul changed my pretty ones back to the ugly ones, but that
may have been because of all my unnecessary changes ;)

Cheers,

Murray.

pub   1024D/81B3FDEB 2007-09-19 [expires: 2008-09-18]
Key fingerprint = 4ED9 9907 5BF0 4132 2B46  20D1 C0C6 362D 81B3 FDEB
Murray McAllister (Fedora Docs Project / mdious) <murray.mcallister at gmail.com>
sub   2048g/B04CFA0C 2007-09-19 [expires: 2008-09-18]