Desktop yay/nay

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Mar 28 17:10:30 UTC 2008

"Desktop User Guide?  Oh, I guess that's not for me because I use a
laptop."

Yes, the multiple meanings of 'desktop' trip us up here.

We had decided at one point to change the "Fedora Desktop User Guide" to
the "Fedora User Guide."  This could be perceived as a wider scope, in
that it could include using Fedora web services in the future.

I think that's OK, as the line between the client and server melds
continuously and from the end-user perspective, "Fedora search" or
"Fedora TV" could be covered in a "Fedora User Guide."

Still, the old DUG title has been kept around because of the hassle of
changing the URL and such.

Before I begin work on a new, permanent URL for User Guide work, is it:

* wiki/User_Guide/
* wiki/Desktop_User_Guide/
* wiki/???_User_Guide

Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org