DUG freeze and fork

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Mar 28 21:07:37 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 21:56 +0100, Bart Couvreur wrote:
> Karsten and I did the fork just now.
> F8 version is still at: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide

Next task on the F8 guide for an interested person:

1. Go to each page
2. Hit Get Info
3. Run 'diff' on each revision with the previous revision, looking for
content that was added for F-9 new features or changes
4. Roll back to that point if the content change was significant,
knowing that you lose the neutral style and wording edits made since
then ... or ...
5. Identify the content and changes, then pinch that out of the F-8
branch manually.
6. As each page is done, write a copy to User_Guide/8.

Note that we dropped the 'Draft' in the namespace.  We figured that
being so close to the finish line, we didn't need the additional hassle
of moving up from a Draft namespace.

In MediaWiki, there is a categorization feature we might want to try, so
we start draft content in the Draft: space, then remove the Draft:
header when it is complete and ready for conversion, usage, etc.

Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41