Single Source Summary

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Mar 30 16:45:29 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 17:12 +0100, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I wondered if anyone could spare some time to explain what direction the
> SSS is taking!?

The same as before. :)  Sorry, couldn't resist, since I seem to be the
one cat with the whole picture in his head.

We've poured all the content into Releases/9/SingleSourceSummary.  Then
we are adding ## SPECIAL COMMENTS that can be used to identify
sub-sections of that one page.  After that, we need to visit the various
OverView and Releases/9/Summary pages and replace the content there with
Include()s that pull in the content by ## SPECIAL COMMENT BLOCK.

> I was just thinking, from the point of view of work flows, that the work
> done for the alpha/beta release notes is exactly what we're going to
> need to base our final Release Overview on.

This is true, yes.  That work becomes a bunch of other work, which is
the point of the SSS, to reuse in an easy fashion.

Another point, the organization of the Alpha/Beta release notes compared
to the "looks like the Beats page" of the final notes has spawned some
of our Fedora UI experts to help us do a new release notes landing page
that organizes content by people-areas instead of technology-areas.
This would pull some content from the SSS for each people-area (desktop
users, system administrators, developers, etc.).  That is either
existing content or something new we need to write for the SSS.

Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41