Rawhide slipstreaming release

Jason Farrell farrellj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 20:49:19 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <
ivazqueznet at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a page in the wiki[1] that discusses issues upgrading to Fedora
> 10. One of the sections is about updating a prerelease to the final
> release. I threw together a very simple document[2] that goes over a few
> of the details, and I was wondering if someone could look it over and
> give me suggestions as to how it's unclear or notes on what I forgot
> before I link to it from the page. Although it's in presentation format,
> it's not really meant to be presented but rather act as a technical
> demonstration of the process.

Makes sense to me.

1) fedora-release-rawhide -> MirrorManager -> rawhide repos
2) yum update slipstream update
3) fedora-release-stable -> MM -> stable -> stable still "symlinked"/proxied
to rawhide
4) GA
5) "symlink broken" and MM -> actual stable repos.
6) fedora-release-rawhide in next rawhide branch