self introduction and rel notes advice

Jason Taylor jmtaylor90 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 22:12:55 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 22:55 -0700, Dale Bewley wrote:
> Howdy.
>
> I guess I'm supposed to talk about me a little bit first.
> I switched from Slackware on a pile of floppies to RH 3.3 back in the day.
> I contributed a couple of RPMs to redhat-contribs. I ran RH through 9, and
> I've been using Fedora since Core 1. I'm versed in system administration,
> networking, and programming (scripting mostly). I run a public mirror. blah de blah...
>
> Anyway, I started the FWN Virtualization Beat[1], and have been doing it
> for a few weeks now. Jason Taylor saw it, and asked if I wouldn't mind working
> on the Fedora 10 Virtualization Release Notes[2]. I would like to do that.
> I have started to gather up info, and scratch together a very rough draft
> on my user page.[3] I'll move it to the Beat page soon; when it's less scratchy.

Welcome aboard! The work is most appreciated. If you make an oops or
don't like what you did, it is quite easy to undo the changes. 'Tis the
magic of wiki! :)

> A couple of questions.
>
> When describing new features of a release, should one describe the
> improvements between the feature as it existed at F9 release time or as it
> exists in the most recent F9 updates? I assume the former.

Ideally, it would describe features as they differ from current release in its updated form.

> I'm dense. Can someone explain the schedule[4] to me? Apparently the beats
> were recently combined on 9/22. Is the next deadline 10/2 (Translation
> Freeze)? And the final deadline appears to be 10/29?

New schedule is at
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-10/f-10-docs-tasks.html