How to translate release-note

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Oct 21 07:34:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 16:46 +1000, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
> Hi Paul and Karsten
>
> I've started the following for release-note translation.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_work_using_git
>
> Now the following commands do not work for me.
> make test
> make validate-ja-JP

I've been looking in to this (and the below.)  Noriko is using Publican
on RHEL 5.  I currently cannot get it the relnotes to build in Publican.

We have to use the older toolchain until the single v. multiple PO files
situation is resolved.  Unfortunately, it is not packaged (yet) as we
did not anticipate needing to use it.

So, before Brisbane (and Pune) come back online in their morning, can we
find a way for them to test their translations of the F10 release notes
with a build tool?

First ideas:

* Create fedorahosted.org/fedora-docs-utils and make a package from it;
throw it up on the hosted site for download.  See if we can get an RPM
for EL 5 and Fedora 9.

* Put up a tarball and instructions on using it.

* Get the tools working properly in SCM and host it from git on
fedorahosted.org; have people clone the document and fedora-docs-utils
in order to build.

- Karsten

--
Karsten Wade, Community Gardener