plan for working with release notes

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Oct 22 20:41:38 UTC 2008

Does this sound like something we can ask the translators to do?

        1. Docs team creates all the needed files in
        fedora-doc-utils/common/ for each language currently in
        release-notes/po/.

        2. Translators clone f-d-u to be 'docs-common' locally, next to
        the release-notes module:

        git clone git://fedorahosted.org/git/docs/release-notes
        git clone git://fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-doc-utils
        docs-common

        3. If their language is not there, they create the PO file and
        the common files in ./docs-common/common by running
        './docs-common/common $LANG'.

        4. Translators submit PO file changes via Transifex.

        5. Translators update the LINGUA file via Transifex.

        6. Translators submit any translations for the f-d-u/common/
        files via a new ticket in
        https://fedorahosted.org/release-notes.

        7. Relnotes team submits the translated common files to git
        manually.

This resolves the questions raised by Paul and Noriko:

* We create the per-language common files; translators submit
translations via Trac ticket for manual inclusion by relnotes team.

* Translators can enable their language in LINGUAS via Transifex; with
the files in f-d-u/common to match r-n/po, that enabling should work.

* Once we are certain of the steps, we can update the TQSG.

My questions now are:

* For the files in f-d-u/common, what -$LANG format should we be using?
For example, there is a po/de.po file, and a common/*-de_DE.xml.

* I added *ko.xml to f-d-u/common/.  How do I know if there are any
others missing?  Is it OK to expect translators to create those locally,
which makes their build work, and submit them to Docs?

--
Karsten Wade, Community Gardener
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org