Request for Review: DiskEncryptionUserGuide

Dave Lehman dlehman at redhat.com
Thu Sep 25 17:28:31 UTC 2008

Hi all,

My name is Dave Lehman. I am one of the engineers that works on anaconda
(the Fedora installer). I've written a draft of a document intended to
document the use of dm-crypt/LUKS encrypted block devices.

Since F9 we have supported the creation and use of block devices
encrypted using dm-crypt/LUKS in the anaconda installer. This document
aims to give some basic information about disk encryption in general, as
well as the LUKS technology, and then go on to detail the creation and
configuration of such devices.

My hope/intention is that this document, whether integrated into another
existing document or not, can be published at such a time as to
accompany the general availability of F10.

Here is a link to the draft document:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DiskEncryptionUserGuide

I am by no means a writer, technical or otherwise, so I will need all
the help I can get.

Thanks in advance,
Dave