Your Fedora 'docs' membership has been downgraded

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 16:08:56 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 03:46:41PM +0000, Robert 'Bob' Jensen wrote:
> Forgive my top post but this client is problematic.  Gave up on
> working with upstream to fix it.
>
> In the past when changes like this happened they were discussed and
> an attempt to contact the people effected was made.  This is the
> problem and the most annoying point of this whole action item.  I
> don't care about the change in status, in fact I agree with it I
> have not been able to be active in quite some time.  I have been
> trying to read the meeting minutes or summaries so that I can speak
> up if needed or chip in for a very small task.  Hopefully in this
> calendar year things can get back to having more time to contribute.
>
> You know where to find me.

I agree that teams should always put the communicate phase before the
action phase.  With a community that's so spread out and mostly
populated by willing volunteers, the most effective way of doing that
is getting something onto the mailing list.  That way, transparency is
preserved, and discussion can happen wherever needed.

I'm sure that as the people working on this team get comfortable in
their roles, there will be new and better ways to contribute and
collaborate with each other.  The Docs team always has been, and
should remain, open to everyone to participate as little or as much as
they wish.  I'm certain Eric, John, Susan, David, and the other folks
who have stepped up to lead this team will do their best to make that
happen.