CC license logos/buttons

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Fri Aug 7 13:41:02 UTC 2009

> Well, it sounds more like a "replacement" for the license text itself.
>  Either you use the text or you use the image as a link to the text.
>
> --Eric

Or, you use both, which you can't actually do according to the
licensing terms in an actual print book (because you can't link from
the logo--well, except maybe on a Kindle? :) ), but is probably not
what was intended by the project per se.

Logically, in a book, the logo out of context would be a bit
meaningless anyway (unless you footnote it... and I don't want to
imagine a world with footnoted logos), but the rule was obviously
designed around an online presence, and then heavily lawyered.