Accessibility Guide

Eric Christensen eric at christensenplace.us
Mon Nov 2 16:45:00 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 11:28, Mel Chua <mel at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 10/31/2009 11:52 AM, Eric Christensen wrote:
>>
>> I've contacted GNOME for information on their accessibility tools
>> that they ship with GNOME.  I'll be doing the same with KDE.  I'm
>> hoping I can get the necessary information on their tools, and maybe
>> some ready-made documentation, that would be beneficial.
>>
>> If anyone would like to help with this project or have some input
>> ready to go please let me know.
>
> There was a large gathering of open source accessibility folks at Toronto
> this past week - details at
> http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Open+Source+Accessibility.
> Hopefully there'll be some contact information in there, and details on
> their projects; I know there were some GNOME folks there and I would be
> surprised if someone from KDE wasn't also around.
>
> That's all I know about the event/group - only got to meet them briefly at
> dinner one night since I was at the Teaching Open Source section of things -
> but just in case it helps.
>
> --Mel

Thanks Mel.  I've been in communications with the GNOME Documentation
Lead and he has been helping me out quite a bit.  It looks like we
might be working together on this project.  This will allow some of
our documentation to go back upstream to GNOME.  The biggest problem,
right now, is that their documents are being transitioned from GFDL to
CC and the accessibility documents are still GFDL which means they
can't use our information and we can't use theirs, yet.

I still need to connect with the KDE folks, too.

Thanks for the link.  I'll take a look at the information you provided.

--Eric