[kerry at wsr.com: broken link on home page]

Eric Christensen eric at christensenplace.us
Wed Nov 11 13:30:49 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 07:40:17AM -0500, Ricky Zhou wrote:
> Hi, somebody reported a blank release notes index page linked from
> fedoraproject.org.  Does anybody know why
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f11/ is blank now?  I think
> there used to be a language selection page there back during the F11
> release, but it'd be nice to make something available there for now to
> fix the broken link (we could change the website link, but then all
> language pages would point to the English document, which isn't that
> great).

Rudi was working a new solution.  That URL should have been redirected to docs.fp.o, I think, where you could make the selection on format and language.  It's still a work in progress...  We could probably put the Release Notes specific links on that page, though.

> Also, will there still be index/language selection pages for specific
> documents?  While http://docs.fedoraproject.org/ has language selection
> dropdowns for all documents right now, we sometimes want to link
> specifically to one particular document from he website, like for the
> release notes, or the install guide on the download page.

To point to a specific format and language all guides should be in the following format:  guide/f##/lang/format.  This is not necessarily true for ALL documents so you'll have to check the link to verify.  Hopefully F13 will use that format for all docs, though.

> Thanks,
> Ricky

- --Eric